How to organise and de-clutter your garage
- June 23, 2016
- Posted in : Aberdeen, Business Storage, Decluttering, General Storage, Moving House, Storage Tips, Student Storage
A number of people are guilty of this very situation – having a perfectly good garage, but absolutely no room to fit your car in it!
If you are reading and nodding, then this blog is ideal for you. We provide you with our best possible advice for when the time comes to take on the garage clearing challenge:
• If you don’t already, first make sure you have adequate shelving space in your garage. This will keep everything off the floor and will create increased storage space for some of your items.
• Next, we recommend buying a number of crates or plastic containers in three different colours. One colour should be designated to items for storage, one for every day items and one for charity. Anything you want to throw away should go into black bags. But remember to make sure your plastic crates fit into your shelving unit.
• Make sure you get rid of any obvious junk that you haven’t used for some time. If something hasn’t moved for months or even years, it’s clear that you don’t need it! For other items that you do want to keep but are too large to store in boxes, why not consider self-storage options at Flexistore? Here you can access what you need, when you need it, while keeping your garage clutter free.
• For your every day items boxes, make sure you pack these in some kind of logical order. Group items together, for example your tools, gardening equipment, car cleaning products, etc. Make sure you then label the side of each box clearly so they can easily be identified at a glance.
• For items that are still in good condition, but you no longer need, why not either donate these to charity or list for sale on sites such as Gumtree or EBay?
That’s it! You’ve done it! Go and give yourself a treat. One of the most daunting tasks is over. And don’t forget, you can now safely and securely park your vehicles away off the street.